Modern Health Talk is an online community website, blog, and social network positioned at the intersection of several overlapping trends and between Online Support Groups on one end and Technology Websites at the other. Modern Health Talk follows and responds to innovations and trends that address the rising costs of medical care as our population ages, including:
- Reforms to Medical Care Delivery & Payment Systems and the Laws Regulating Them
- Prevention through Health & Wellness
- Personal & Electronic Medical and Health Records
- Mobile Apps and on-the-go access to Health Info & Services
- Remote Monitoring of Medical & Environmental Sensors
- Innovative Technologies and new In-home Medical Devices
- Assistance Devices that Overcome Disabilities
- Universal Design in Products & Homes that work well for Everyone
- Patients Connecting Online with their Family, Caregivers & Doctors
- Inspiring Stories about Individual Use of these Modern Technologies
Senior Editor Wayne Caswell spends his mornings scouring the mainstream press to read about innovations and trends addressing the rising costs of medical care as our population ages. He then responds with his own unique perspective if appropriate, shares the important articles in social media, and writes our blog. Wayne also serves as Chief Marketing Officer and a self-proclaimed sleep economist at Intelligent Sleep. There he’s working to expand the concept of Population Sleep Wellness because of the vital role sleep plays in our nation’s health, safety and performance.
To explore and share information about Modern Health Solutions:
- Read the ARTICLES (see tab above) or browse by category, date, or tags (right);
- Search the entire site by Keyword or Phrase (top right);
- Reply to articles to add Comments & ask Questions;
- Share your own articles, and include any pictures to post;
- Assess your health and that of your family and home, to see how Safe it is;
- Follow Us in social media (options on the right), because we often reference and comment on articles in mainstream media; and
- Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, which curates our own articles and those that we find interesting elsewhere.
10 Most Recent ARTICLES:
- About this Blog
- Concerns about our aging population
- Top Technology Innovations All Seniors Should Have
- Interoperability in a Connected World
- Home Automation Shows Promise for Seniors, but HomeKit Isn’t the Answer – Yet
- Make Your Home Safe Again!
- Disrupting Healthcare with Functional Medicine 2.0
- Medical Marijuana Lowers Prescription Drug Abuse
- Blitab Braille Tablet for the Blind – Is it needed?
- Who Should We Believe about Longevity & Other Claims?
- How to stay connected with parents from far away
Much More Info in our Facebook & Twitter Posts
Look at the Sidebar at right for a convenient way to browse our recent Facebook & Twitter posts. You can even Like us there or tweet to us. We use Twitter, Facebook and Google+ to tell followers about important articles we find in the mainstream press, often including comments that we posted.
OK. Enough about all the things we can do with technology to improve caregiving and aging-in-place. What about caring? The following video shows the importance of not isolating our elderly, whether that’s at home or in the community setting of an assisted living facility. After learning how to find the power button and use the Apple iPad, these true senior have become avid e-mail, Facebook, Pinterest and Tumblr users. Enjoy…