10 Most Recent ARTICLES:
- About this Blog
- Why American Health Care is So Expensive
- Inequality, Healthcare and the Economy
- CES 2018 Recap
- Healthcare Robots – a growing collection
- Corporate Behavior and Rising Health Care Costs
- What is Functional Medicine? Isn’t Modern Healthcare more Profitable?
- Don’t Kill the Open Internet
- Robot MD and the Future of Healthcare
- Shouldn’t Health be Primary
- Do you suffer from insomnia?
I write here about healthcare policy, futures, and tech solutions for improved eldercare, seeing things through the lens of a retired IBM technologist and market strategist, futurist, and consumer advocate. I get no compensation for maintaining this site and so far have published well over 700 articles, mostly aimed at a consumer audience. The website is small and narrowly-focused, but I’m proud to have received a Best of Cedar Park award three years in a row and was recently recognized as one of the top 100 [independent] health blogs in the world. Now my wife and I live in the Dallas area.
Most of my writing lately has been in response to articles in the mainstream media. I share the most important articles in social media, often with my unique perspective. If appropriate, I also include reference links back to supporting articles on my blog.
Modern Health Talk is designed as an online community website, blog, and social network positioned at the intersection of several overlapping trends and between Online Support Groups on one end and Technology Websites at the other.
I follow and respond to innovations and trends that address the rising costs of medical care as our population ages, including:
- Reforms to Medical Care Delivery & Payment Systems and the Laws Regulating Them
- Prevention through Health & Wellness
- Personal & Electronic Medical and Health Records
- Mobile Apps and on-the-go access to Health Info & Services
- Remote Monitoring of Medical & Environmental Sensors
- Innovative Technologies and new In-home Medical Devices
- Assistance Devices that Overcome Disabilities
- Universal Design in Products & Homes that work well for Everyone
- Patients Connecting Online with their Family, Caregivers & Doctors
- Inspiring Stories about Individual Use of these Modern Technologies
To explore and share information about Modern Health Solutions:
- Read the ARTICLES (see tab above) or browse by category, date, or tags (right);
- Scroll through recent Facebook posts and Tweets on the sidebar;
- Search the entire site by Keyword or Phrase (top right);
- Reply to articles to add Comments & ask Questions;
- Follow me in social media (options on the right), because we often reference and comment on articles in mainstream media; and
- Subscribe to my weekly newsletter, which curates our own articles and those that we find interesting elsewhere.
OK. Enough about all the things we can do with technology to improve caregiving and aging-in-place. What about caring? The following video shows the importance of not isolating our elderly, whether that’s at home or in the community setting of an assisted living facility. After learning how to find the power button and use the Apple iPad, these true senior have become avid e-mail, Facebook, Pinterest and Tumblr users. Enjoy…