Mark, Yvonne and I drove from Austin to Houston Saturday to see solutions and meet people at the Abilities Expo, and I returned with a ton of literature and stack of business cards to keep me reading, corresponding and writing articles for quite a while. Many articles in coming weeks will be derived from that visit.
For the last 30 years, this has been the one show dedicated to educating and improving the lives of Americans with disabilities, senior citizens, families, caregivers, healthcare professionals and professional therapists. It’s all about assistive technology, fitness gear, wheelchairs, adaptive home furnishings, home remodeling ideas, van conversions, daily living aids, travel services, government services, and much more. The event will next run in San Jose, Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Chicago. Click the link above for details or watch this YouTube video from 2010.
All types of products and services were featured at Abilities Expo, including:
- Automobiles, van/conversions
- Assistive technologies
- Bathroom equipment
- Beds, furnishings & accessories
- Chairs & accessories
- Clothing & apparel
- Daily living aids
- Durable medical equipment
- Exercise, recreational, sports equipment & services
- Home medical equipment & services
- Incontinence products
- Insurance & insurance services
- Legal services
- Rehabilitative care/services
- Residential programs
- Seating/positioning systems & accessories
- Travel & hospitality services
- Wheelchairs, scooters & walkers
Reply below to tell us what you’d like to hear about first.