I watched his TEDx talk several months ago and can’t believe it took me so long to post the video and a link to his blog (in Resources/Blogs). What follows is directly from the TEDx website.
When Dave deBronkart learned he had a rare and terminal cancer, he turned to a group of fellow patients online — and found the medical treatment that saved his life. Now he calls on all patients to talk with one another and know their own health data. Dave deBronkart wants to help patients help themselves — by owning their medical data, connecting to fellow patients and making medical care better.
e-Patient Dave is now actively engaged in opening health care information directly to patients on an unprecedented level, thus creating a new dynamic in how information is delivered, accessed and used by the patient. Gimme My DaM Data (Data about Me) is his rap-style music video.
- Medical Records in the hands of Patients
- My Family Health Portrait
- How Safe is your Personal Health Information?
- Maintaining Personal Health Records
- Electronic Personal Health Records
- Putting Patients at the Center of Their Health Care