Accessible introduction transcript…
- Every day technology makes new things possible, and some predict that it’s just a matter of time until technology completely revolutionizes healthcare.
- Some believe that medical diagnosis, general patient care, and medical practices are more expensive and inferior than they need to be.
- The problem with health care is that it’s often the practice of medicine, rather than the science of medicine, as most medical decisions are simply based on tradition, a doctor’s limited medical knowledge, and the patient’s known symptoms and medical history.
- The result? Three doctors could diagnose a problem three different ways. This can be a serious issue.
- Over 40,000 patients die in the ICU in the U.S. each year due to misdiagnosis.
- The solution? Big Data. Some believe medicine can become more of a science, rather than practice, by relying on technology.
INFOGRAPHIC follows… Read More …