Often life begins after 70, so we share this infographic to celebrate seven amazing people who achieved phenomenal things in their later years, including:
- Katsusuke Yanagisawa climbed Mt. Everest at age 71.
- John Glen went back into space on the space shuttle Discovery at age 77.
- Thomas Lackey performed a “loop the loop” on top of an aircraft at age 85.
- Leonid Hurwicz won the Nobel Price for Economics at age 90.
- Nola Ochs earned a Master’s Degree at age 98. She got her Bachelor’s at 95.
- Fauja Singh was 101 when he ran his last competitive marathon race at 8 hrs, 11 min.
- Edythe Kirchmaier opened her Facebook account on her 105th birthday. She’s now 106.
Courtesy of http://www.beindependenthomecare.ie/