15 Simple Ideas for a Happier and Healthier 2015
by Sandy Getzky
If making big changes in your life is intimidating, focus on making these simple ones to have a happy, healthy 2015.
1. Be Mindful — Make a habit of practicing mindfulness each day. This means becoming more aware of everything around you and truly appreciating life.
2. Cook — Treat yourself to a healthy home-cooked meal at least once a day. If you’re not a fan of cooking, stick to simple yet nutritious meals.
3. Go to Bed — Set a bedtime for yourself and stick to it each night. A regular sleep schedule can make you feel more rested.
4. Try Biofeedback — Biofeedback products, like emWave technology, help you learn to calm yourself and be more aware of how stress affects your body.
5. Cut the Clutter — Get rid of clutter around your house. Having a tidy home helps clear your mind and leads to less stress.
6. Put the Phone Down — Set aside times where you won’t check your phone at all. You might be surprised at how tough this can be, but you’ll feel happier for doing it.
7. Enjoy Exercising — Find a physical activity that you really like doing, such as walking at a local park or working out to a fitness-themed video game.
8. Pamper Yourself — Schedule a massage, or spend a Saturday at a spa. Taking time out of your schedule to do something just for you helps boost your spirits and reduces stress.
9. Take Up Yoga — Give yoga a try. This ancient form of exercise provides several benefits to your body and mind.
10. Stop Worrying — Focus on finding solutions to problems instead of worrying about them. Worried about a bad case of toenail fungus, for example? Find a way to treat it.
11. Socialize — Make time to be with friends and family. Spending time with loved ones is one of the best ways to ease stress, improve your health and stay happy.
12. Meditate — Take time to meditate each day. Being more in tune with your thoughts through meditation can have a big calming effect.
13. Drink Water — Drink around eight glasses of water a day to keep yourself well-hydrated. Your skin will look great, and you’ll feel wonderful.
14. Smile More — Trick your brain into thinking you’re happy on a bad day by simply smiling. You might help turn someone else’s day around by doing this, too.
15. Limit Sugar — Limit sugary sweets. This will help you control your weight and maintain a healthy smile.