To help you make travel plans during the holiday season I’d like to highlight a reference with all sorts of travel and tourism tips for people with disabilities.
Opening Doors for People with Disabilities in Travel & Tourism
Open Doors Organization is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that envisions a society in which all persons with disabilities have the same consumer opportunities as everyone else. They help empower the disability community and teach businesses how to become more accessible. Here are some of their useful tips for planning accessible travel of all types, from outdoor adventure to cruises. They also offer advice for air travel and booking hotel rooms that meet your specific needs. For additional resource listings, see their website.
- Planning An Accessible Vacation (PDF, MS Word)
- Accessible Recreation (PDF, MS Word)
- Air Carrier Access Act Revisions (PDF, MS Word)
- Access Guides (PDF, MS Word)
- International Travel (PDF, MS Word)
- Booking Accessible Hotels (PDF, MS Word)
- State and National Parks (PDF, MS Word)
- Motorcoach Travel (PDF, MS Word)
- Planning An Accessible Cruise (PDF, MS Word)
- Planning an Accessible Vacation (PDF, MS Word)
- Planning a Trouble Free Flight (PDF, MS Word)
Related articles on Modern Health Talk include: